Outlook closes out and will not start RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Windows Server 2012 R2 running terminal services. I have 21 users on this server. As of lately some users are experiencing difficulty using Outlook, while for some users outlook works perfectly fine. For the users that outlook will not work  I have tried to start outlook in safe mode and will not run. I have also ran the command /resetnavpane but outlook will still not open. Then i tried deleting the mail profile but it will not run. I have also installed and reinstalled outlook but it still wont run. I then checked the event log and i can not locate an error pertaining to outlook. I am running out of ideas and can not find a solution can someone please help?

FYI - Sometimes when i run outlook for the first time after the user has logged on it loads up but once it tries to sync the mailboxes it closes. The second time i try to run outlook the blue box appears and closes a second later. the third time i try to run outlook a gray box appears asking if i want to run it in safe mode but then disappears a second later before i get the choose an option, and then every time after that it does the same thing. 

Wednesday, August 1, 2018 11:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are there any error messages?

What's the detailed version of Outlook? Please try installing the newest updates to check the results.

Besides, we could try temporarily closing anti-virus software on this computer to see if it helps.

If issue continues, you can create a new user and then see if Outlook opens correctly.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, August 6, 2018 9:13 AM
    Thursday, August 2, 2018 2:04 AM
  • Just check whether the reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, August 3, 2018 7:29 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue. 

Regards,

Perry

• Edited by Perry-Pan Tuesday, August 7, 2018 1:33 AM
    Tuesday, August 7, 2018 1:33 AM