Analog device integration in SfB online only infrastructure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Is it possible to integrate analog devices (phones, overhead paging) to SfB online. In my understanding, its not possible to integrate. But not able to find out any official document for the same. Can anyone please share if there is any official document available.

Regards,

AJ

Wednesday, December 20, 2017 10:12 AM

Answers

• Hi AJ,

See this post:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Skype-for-Business-IT-Pro/Analog-devices-Cloud-PBX-and-Cloud-Connector-requirement/td-p/34864

Jamie Stark's reply:

So we absolutely have on the roadmap a lightweight set of ATAs that can be used for analog devices.  Essentially the ATA will log into Office 365 like an IP phone does today.  Don't have a timeframe for availability at this time though.  So for the time being I suggest keeping the analog phones in place while you migrate users over to Cloud PBX and PSTN Calling. 

Greetings,

Erdem

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

• Edited by Er-D Wednesday, December 20, 2017 11:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alias Jacky Thursday, January 4, 2018 5:57 AM
    Wednesday, December 20, 2017 11:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Alias,

It is possible with Audiocodes devices (CCE appliance and Mediapack):

https://www.audiocodes.com/solutions-products/solutions/skype-for-business-microsoft-teams/skype-for-business-online

Greetings,

Erdem

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Wednesday, December 20, 2017 10:38 AM
  • Thanks for your response Erdem.

Is it possible to integrate analog device directly to cloud, without adding any on-prem components ?

Regards,

AJ

Wednesday, December 20, 2017 11:32 AM
  • Hi AJ,

See this post:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Skype-for-Business-IT-Pro/Analog-devices-Cloud-PBX-and-Cloud-Connector-requirement/td-p/34864

Jamie Stark's reply:

So we absolutely have on the roadmap a lightweight set of ATAs that can be used for analog devices.  Essentially the ATA will log into Office 365 like an IP phone does today.  Don't have a timeframe for availability at this time though.  So for the time being I suggest keeping the analog phones in place while you migrate users over to Cloud PBX and PSTN Calling. 

Greetings,

Erdem

• Edited by Er-D Wednesday, December 20, 2017 11:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alias Jacky Thursday, January 4, 2018 5:57 AM
    Wednesday, December 20, 2017 11:52 AM
  • Hi Alias Jacky,

Based on my research, On-premises and Hybrid solutions allow for support of analog stations. Fax machines and modems are recommended to utilize POTS lines or PBX, and not flow through Skype, I couldn’t find Microsoft official document, but you can refer to the blog below

https://enablingtechcorp.com/Blog/TabId/777/ArtMID/2450/ArticleID/663/Skype-Online-Cloud-PBX-%E2%80%93-What-is-included-and-what-isn%E2%80%99t.aspx

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, December 25, 2017 9:42 AM
    Thursday, December 21, 2017 2:37 AM