none
Insert Administrative Tasks (PWA 2010) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

What is the use of the following feature in the Timesheet view of PWA 2010?

Insert Row > Insert administrative Tasks

As all the Administrative tasks prepared by the administrator are already displayed at the bottom of the timesheet?

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 8:04 PM

Answers

• You may have 4 or 5 common administrative tasks that you always want to display.   You may have 20 or more that you are tracking, but do not want to fill the grid with so many lines, so you add what you need.  For example, maybe you have "Maternity Leave" as an administrative task.  You may not want it display every time period, when only a few occurance may happen during the year.

Cheers

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    • Marked as answer by WLID1966 Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:30 PM
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 8:40 PM
  • Hi,

this can be used, if Administrator has defined an Administrative time not to "Always Display" as Michael wrote.

Moreover, users can use this to give some more specific description. After selecting the Category (Vacation, Sick, ...), they can enter a description. This description will be displayed as task name in timesheet, project name will be ADministrative for all of them. The category information is kept in Billing Category. Task name is also available in cube.

Regards
    Barbara

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:03 PM

All replies

• You may have 4 or 5 common administrative tasks that you always want to display.   You may have 20 or more that you are tracking, but do not want to fill the grid with so many lines, so you add what you need.  For example, maybe you have "Maternity Leave" as an administrative task.  You may not want it display every time period, when only a few occurance may happen during the year.

Cheers

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 8:40 PM
  • Hi,

this can be used, if Administrator has defined an Administrative time not to "Always Display" as Michael wrote.

Moreover, users can use this to give some more specific description. After selecting the Category (Vacation, Sick, ...), they can enter a description. This description will be displayed as task name in timesheet, project name will be ADministrative for all of them. The category information is kept in Billing Category. Task name is also available in cube.

Regards
    Barbara

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:03 PM
  • How can we disable it. My client doesnt want it to be here!
    Maaz Ibrahim
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 8:25 AM
  • Hi,

go to Server Settings - Administrative Time. Set Status field to Closed for all administrative lines you don't want to use.

Regards
    Barbara

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 11:07 AM
  • What if I dont' want the users to be able to create new Adminstrative task with new descriptions under the existing categories that the Adminstrator has set up, i.e. I don't want user to go in and Insert Administrative Task that says "Jury Duty" or "Team Event Dinner" etc... The timesheet already has all the 5 adminstrative tasks that are available in system, so there is no reason for the user to even click "Insert Adminstrative Task"
    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 3:16 AM