Windows Vista x32 Product Code RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys

i have a laptop with vista x32 is there a way i can get my product code from windows its self, the sticker underneath the case is very hard to read now through ware 

any help would be greatfull.

John

Tuesday, September 7, 2010 2:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please refer to the offical statement on how to get product key back:

Activating Windows: frequently asked questions

According to the artical, if you lost your product key, you may need to buy a new one.

Meanwhile, your product key is located in the registry but is encrypted and not readable.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 6:30 AM

All replies

• For Windows Vista questions, I recommand to you to use this forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1121/threads

For your product code, you should see if you have written it somewhere or try to read it from your sticker.

Based on my knowledge, there is no other resolution for your problem.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 3:55 PM
  • this might help.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/8d27ae7e-1664-468a-bf91-75f5e3bf5e80

Mr X, do you think that's what TechNet/MSDN is for?  i don't .

now here's my reply to the OP and to you especially Mr X:  www.DHgate.com/wholesale/

why don't you also take a look at this thread Mr X.

Hi grits n gravy,

I would like to mention that the use of Keyfinder is considered as an illegal way to proceed.

For TechNet/MSDN: I know what Technet/MSDN is for. Appearently you don't know what to post as solutions in these forums because as I see you are encaraging peoples to use illegal tools.

I would like to thank you for the link to the thread you posted.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 4:48 PM
  • @Ian Parr 2,

if your laptop came with Vista preinstalled, you should consult the manufacturer to get a COA key. If your preinstalled key (SLP) doesn't work anymore and use of recovery media doesn't help either (caused by hardware changes, e.g.), even a keyfinder program can't help you.

@Mr. X,

a keyfinder program like the good old one from Magicaljellybeam (unfortunately, the free version supports Vista but not Windows 7) does nothing than read values out from your very own registry. Where's anything illegal with that? Any computer user with average knowledge can do the same, without need for a program that only simplifies things.

@grits,

why do you feel an urgency to introduce forums use/abuse/freedom-of-speech thoughts and links into each and every thread you visit? Someone asked a question, try an useful reply to that question and be happy.

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.” (Thomas J. Watson, Sr.)
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 5:54 PM
  • thanx for your reply m8 yes its an Acer that came pre installed.
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 6:27 PM
  •  I have an acer laptop and my key is printed on the OEM tag on the
    bottom of the computer, do you not have one?

-- Mike Burr
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 8:50 PM
  • On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 14:39:14 +0000, Ian Parr 2 wrote:

> i have a laptop with vista x32 is there a way i can get my product code from windows its self, the sticker underneath the case is very hard to read now through ware 

Although there is software that can read the product key that Windows
    was installed with, it won't help you in your case. That's not *your*
    key, which is the one on the sticker. With pre-installed copies of
    Windows, a single key is used for many computers, and your key is not
    used.

Ken Blake
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 9:48 PM
  • Hi grits,

don't use too much gravy, that's detrimental for the tastes. Why would anyone accuse you of "being John Malkovich", pardon me: "Mike Burr"? The idea alone leads back to your incomprehensible affinity to "forums use/abuse/freedom-of-speech thoughts and links" I mentioned earlier. If that's pompous, be my guest. Once, I thought I was wrong in that you reminded me of another person. But seeing your continuous stirring-up of trivia that are far off the matter in question, you're at least connatural with some phantom of the past (named "derosnec"). I'm terribly sorry if that's another wild accusation which possibly hurts you. But well, if you don't know the guy, I guess it can't hurt you at all. So, again: Be happy and have a nice day!

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.” (Thomas J. Watson, Sr.)
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 9:59 PM
  • Hi,

Please refer to the offical statement on how to get product key back:

Activating Windows: frequently asked questions

According to the artical, if you lost your product key, you may need to buy a new one.

Meanwhile, your product key is located in the registry but is encrypted and not readable.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 6:30 AM