WinExplorer: splitter between Path and Search combos RRS feed

• Question

• Search bar takes almost whole width of the Explorer window. The splitter seems to be locked. Through, hovering over splitter suggests that I can adjust the balance. I use 200% custom text size.
    Thursday, March 15, 2012 1:53 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Firstly, due to in Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Display, the larger size is 150%, please let me know how do you adjust to 200% text size. Do you using Magnifier tool?

Also, please let me know whether the width of the search bar cannot be adjusted or the width of it cannot be saved after being adjusted?

Meanwhile, please check whether the issue will occur in another user account.

Hope this helps.

If a post solved your problem, click “Mark as Answer” on the post. If a post helped you, click "Vote As Helpful" on the left side of post.

• Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Tuesday, April 3, 2012 6:13 AM
    • Edited by Jeremy_Wu Tuesday, April 3, 2012 6:26 AM
    Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:53 AM

All replies

• Please note how large the search bar is.

• Edited by valtih1978 Monday, March 19, 2012 12:12 PM
    Monday, March 19, 2012 12:11 PM
  • Hi,

In order to make your issue clearly, please let us know the following.
    1. Does the issue occur if you use 100% text size?
    2. After you have adjusted the width to balance, would the issue occur again? If so, when or how?

Looking forward to your response.

If a post solved your problem, click “Mark as Answer” on the post. If a post helped you, click "Vote As Helpful" on the left side of post.

Monday, March 19, 2012 3:28 PM
  • Everything is ok with 100% text size. Search window is normal size and resizable.
    Monday, March 19, 2012 4:32 PM
  • Hi,

Firstly, due to in Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Display, the larger size is 150%, please let me know how do you adjust to 200% text size. Do you using Magnifier tool?

Also, please let me know whether the width of the search bar cannot be adjusted or the width of it cannot be saved after being adjusted?

Meanwhile, please check whether the issue will occur in another user account.

Hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Tuesday, April 3, 2012 6:13 AM
    • Edited by Jeremy_Wu Tuesday, April 3, 2012 6:26 AM
    Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:53 AM
  • @Nicholas Li:

This question is NOT answered, since the problem cannot be solved but only circumvented by setting a lower scaling value. A workaround is not a fix!

Btw: You can set a higher scaling value than 150% by clicking "Set custom text size (DPI)" on the left.

I can verify this problem, and I (as well as others) have already reported it here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/how-to-solve-200-dpi-scaling-results-making/57c2c60e-0647-4bb2-a76b-72537631944d

Is Microsoft finally going to fix that, or are you waiting until screens with 4K resolutions are released, everyone uses the 200% scaling and notices this annoying bug?

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 5:19 PM