none
Windows Firewall keeps blocking applications

Question

• I'm having a problem which occurred maybe about a week ago. Windows Firewall keeps asking me to allow access and even though I allow access for private networks, it still continues to ask whenever I open the application.

Currently, it's asking for access for C:\Program Files\HP\HP Envy 4500 series\bin\hpnetworkcommunicatorcom.exe every 10 or less minutes!

It seems as if firewall settings are not being saved. Whenever I allow access, they do not show up in the "Allowed apps and features" list in Windows Firewall. Even if I add applications directly, they won't get saved.

Any assistance would be great. Thanks.

Thursday, September 22, 2016 5:36 PM

Answers

• I had the same problem. Someone mentioned that VPNs like TunnelBear install a network adapter that screws Windows Firewall up.  I uninstalled Tunnelbear and Firewall is working properly now.  Hope this helps.

• Edited by Quest911 Thursday, September 22, 2016 7:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by JLT93 Thursday, September 22, 2016 9:19 PM
    Thursday, September 22, 2016 7:32 PM

All replies

• I had the same problem. Someone mentioned that VPNs like TunnelBear install a network adapter that screws Windows Firewall up.  I uninstalled Tunnelbear and Firewall is working properly now.  Hope this helps.

• Edited by Quest911 Thursday, September 22, 2016 7:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by JLT93 Thursday, September 22, 2016 9:19 PM
    Thursday, September 22, 2016 7:32 PM
  • I am pleased with your response. I do have TunnelBear installed! It was only for a one time use and haven't kept it running since. I'll try uninstalling it and report back.
    Thursday, September 22, 2016 8:33 PM
  • It was TunnelBear for me too. Firewall settings now save. You're a life saver, I wouldn't have thought this and was searching all over the internet to find nothing about VPNs being a possible culprit. Thank you!
    Thursday, September 22, 2016 9:19 PM