none
RPC Proxy can't be pinged. _A Web exception occurred because an HTTP 501 RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying for weeks to get Outlook anywhere to work. OWA works fine with no problems what so ever. I have re installed RPC Proxy and I am still getting this problem. Everything on the Connectivity Test passes but the last one of   RPC Proxy 

RPC Proxy can't be pinged.   Attempting to ping RPC proxy xxxxx.      RPC Proxy can't be pinged.           Additional Details      A Web exception occurred because an HTTP 501 - Not Implemented response was received from Unknown.an HTTP 501

Any Help would be useful.

Monday, January 7, 2013 11:34 PM

Answers

• Hi

Please have a try to disable Outlook Anywhere and removed the “RPC Over HTTPS Proxy” component, then reinstall the component and also enable Outlook Anywhere.

Cheers

Zi Feng
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 6:23 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you checked the settings on RPC virtual directory for any redirection has been set there? It should be corrected

Regards from ExchangeOnline Windows Administrator's Area

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 3:54 AM
  • Hi Rowlzy

The RPC site in IIS needs to have 'scripts and executables' selected, not just 'scripts'.

Please refer to below link "RPC troubleshooting Exchange 2007"

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1589663

Hope that helps

Cheers

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Zi Feng

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 8:37 AM
  • I have already read that link and scripts and executables are both selected and still having the same problem.
    Tuesday, January 8, 2013 10:17 PM
  • There is no redirect set.
    Tuesday, January 8, 2013 10:48 PM
  • Hi

Please have a try to disable Outlook Anywhere and removed the “RPC Over HTTPS Proxy” component, then reinstall the component and also enable Outlook Anywhere.

Cheers

Zi Feng

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 6:23 AM