none
PowerShell GPO Settings not available, download ADMX file?

Question

• Hi,

I'd like to configure the "Set the default source path for Update-Help" through GPO.
    Unfortunately the PowerShell related settings are not available in the GPO. Where can I download the ADMX file? Thanks in advance :)

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 12:52 AM

Answers

• I guess you are using a machine that is running version of Windows released prior to Windows 8/Windows Server 2012. The updatable Help feature was introduced since Windows PowerShell 3.0,  Windows 8 and later Operation Systems have the Windows PowerShell 3.0 version built in to the operating system.

To get this specific group policy setting, try to configure it on a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 machine.

Or you can download the Administrative Templates (.admx) for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2, then copy "PowerShellExecutionPolicy.adml" and "PowerShellExecutionPolicy.admx" file into your Administrative Templates folder (by default it's %systemroot%\PolicyDefinitions).

Administrative Templates (.admx) for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=41193

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 5:04 AM

All replies

• I guess you are using a machine that is running version of Windows released prior to Windows 8/Windows Server 2012. The updatable Help feature was introduced since Windows PowerShell 3.0,  Windows 8 and later Operation Systems have the Windows PowerShell 3.0 version built in to the operating system.

To get this specific group policy setting, try to configure it on a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 machine.

Or you can download the Administrative Templates (.admx) for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2, then copy "PowerShellExecutionPolicy.adml" and "PowerShellExecutionPolicy.admx" file into your Administrative Templates folder (by default it's %systemroot%\PolicyDefinitions).

Administrative Templates (.admx) for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=41193

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 5:04 AM
  • Copying to the central store worked perfect!

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 8:34 AM