none
Populating Journal Mailboxes by PST import to user mailbox RRS feed

• Question

• I want to populate my test journal mailbox with mails from different domain. So following steps I tried.

1) Enabled envelope journaling to accept mails from Global domains and for all users in organisation.

2) Imported PST from other domain to user mailbox.

But these mails are not getting journaled.

I am using exchange 2010 SP3.

Is there any other way to achieve this?

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 6:42 AM

Answers

• HI Rich,

When I tried to import PST with having single large item of size more than 100 MB, then Import fails.

But after changing size limitations from hub transport, I can import PST, so I thought for PST import also, hub transport comes in picture.

Monday, January 20, 2014 5:22 AM

All replies

• Importing messages from a PST is pretty much the same as saving a message in the "Drafts" folder -- they don't go through the transport, which is where the journalization happens.

The only way to have a message journalized is to have it sent to someone else.

You can certainly script the sending of e-mail using Powershell or some other language (Perl, Python, VBS, etc.).

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Saturday, January 18, 2014 9:54 PM
  • HI Rich,

When I tried to import PST with having single large item of size more than 100 MB, then Import fails.

But after changing size limitations from hub transport, I can import PST, so I thought for PST import also, hub transport comes in picture.

Monday, January 20, 2014 5:22 AM
  • Do you see those messages in the message tracking log? If not then the transport never saw them.

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 4:00 AM