Upgrade Configuration Manager 2012 Release Candidate to RTM RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I have a customer that wants to upgrade their existing Release Candidate version (5.0.7678.0) that they are using in production to the RTM version.

Can't quite see how to do this with out doing a side by side (new site code - pretty much the same as you would do from SCCM 2007)

I'd like to keep the same site code really but not sure how you would manage it. If you were to add the roles to the new RTM server from the RC server then they would be using the old RC software. SO really wondering if you could:

Upgrade RC to RTM (In place)

Add a new server as a MP and then add all the other roles and SMS provider

Remove all the roles on the RC server.

Move the database.

Can't find any documentation. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Geoff

Monday, November 12, 2012 4:05 PM

All replies

• That upgrade is not supported (except your customer is member of the TAP program). They are even running an unsupported scenario right now (using RC in production).
    Running setup.exe would basically upgrade the existing RC version to RTM, but I would not suggest that at all. You have to run some scripts before the upgrade and they are only available to TAP customers. You could set up a new site and export / import "all" objects, but using objects that were exported from RC is also not the best idea ...

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Monday, November 12, 2012 4:28 PM
  • Thanks Torsten.

Just trying to find out if they were on the TAP. If they weren't I'll set up a new site and recreate apps etc. They don't have too many.

Geoff

Monday, November 12, 2012 4:48 PM