Change Management Approval Notification RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot seem to get this to work. I am hoping someone has a solution for this. My notification for ticket assignments work fine. My notifications to the change management reviewers work fine. What does not work is when the reviewer approves the change management, it does not notify the assigned person when the CMR is approved to do the work. I have tried multiple different configs of subscriptions and workflows. It just never seems to fire the "CMR - Assigned to User Notification" notification of the approval. I appreciate any assistance.

If Life Is A Dream, What Will We See When We Wake Up?

Thursday, August 15, 2019 2:57 PM

Answers

All replies

• Are you using System Center Orchestrator in your environment?

If so, maybe this blog post might help:

SCSM & Orchestrator – Mail notification on Service Request reject (review activity)

Andreas Baumgarten

Thursday, August 15, 2019 5:49 PM
  • Well, poop. I did not even think of creating a run book for this. I will follow that logic and let you know.

Thursday, August 15, 2019 5:54 PM
  • Through about 5 different variations and tests, the runbook idea does not seem to work. I am either missing something or the link to orchestrator isn't working for this. The other runbooks work fine for creating user and folders. So that means I must have missed something. I will delete and recreate the runbook, but is there another option that can be followed?

Friday, August 16, 2019 2:04 PM
  • Maybe you could "translate" the runbook in a PowerShell script?

Andreas Baumgarten

• Marked as answer by MEHernandez Tuesday, August 20, 2019 12:50 PM
    Friday, August 16, 2019 2:35 PM
  • Apparently, I cannot get the runbook to work right. For some reason, the runbook automation never seems to fire off and start the monitor process. As to me writing it in powershell, I can honestly say that I am a novice with that. I can do basic stuff. But the more advanced functions, I am quite clueless. Are there any other options? 

Monday, August 19, 2019 1:23 PM
  • Ok, I do have notification working on the tickets themselves. So the workaround here is to create the change management with out an assigned to person. Then have the reviewer approve the change and have the reviewer then put the assigned to person in that field. Once that is done, the notification will fire. I just had to adjust the email template used to reflect what the notification actually is doing now. Rather then CMR waiting changed to CMR assigned and approved.

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 12:49 PM