none
DPM 2016 setup for tape library RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All  i have a DPM 2016 server installed and configured with Tape library HPE MSL6480 Scalable Base Module

it has two libraries. lets say one is called MSL6480 and other one is called VTL. I wanted to know if i can do following using DPM 2016.

first backup into= disks

from disk to = tape library MSL6480

From MSL6480 to = VTL library.

if this is possible how do i configure? what is the best practice? any help would be appreciate.

thanks

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 7:38 AM

All replies

• Hi

That is possible, but you would need to deploy a secondary DPM server.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/system-center/dpm/back-up-the-dpm-server?view=sc-dpm-1807

For example. The primary DPM server stores backups on disks and on MSL6480 tape library. On your secondary DPM server you would backup the primary DPM (database) server and replicas to the disks and VTL library connected to secondary DPM server. If primary DPM server fails you can switch over the protection and continue with the backups and restore your primary DPM server.

Microsoft Certified Professional

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 11:57 AM