none
DPM 2007 Agent error when using site-to-site VPN RRS feed

• Question

• I have a DPM 2007 agent deployed on a branch office server linked by a site-to-site VPN. The VPN terminates at a Forefront TMG (MBE) security server (as part of EBS2008) and this arrangment functions OK except for the DPM agent that's playing up. "Enforce Strict RPC" is disabled for the VPN access rule, and the agent worked fine for a day or so until the branch office server was restarted. From TMG monitoring it appears that the DPM agent has bound itself to the branch office server IP address (192.168.0.20) on the local subnet, instead of using the branch office server's subnet internal IP address (192.169.10.2). I suspect that this is causing the problem. Now my question is this: is it possible to control the IP address binding order for the DPM agent? How do I force it to use a specific IP address? Any advice will be appreciated.

Thursday, September 9, 2010 8:36 AM

All replies

• Hi

I don't think its possible to use an static IP address for the DPM agent to use. But you can use the SetDpmServer CMDLET in your BIN catalouge of the DPM agent installation.

If you want to alter IP information add an record in your DNS.

BR

Robert Hedblom

Check out my DPM blog @ http://robertanddpm.blogspot.com

Thursday, September 9, 2010 1:27 PM
  • Is this going to change at all with DPM 2012?  We have a similar situation where the production server has multiple IP's assigned.  Only one has access to the network with the DPM server via site-to-site VPN.  The problem is the RPC traffic from the DPM agent always comes from the OTHER IP address and thus is blocked across the VPN.

It would be great is we could define the IP address DPM should bind to by using the setdpmserver cmdlet.  But there is nothing like that available today.  Is there a way to force the DPM agent to bind to a particular IP?

Rob
    Saturday, December 31, 2011 4:38 PM