Server 2016 Tech Preview 3 tells me my wim's are corrupted RRS feed

• Question

• Server 2016 Tech Preview 3 tells me my wim's are corrupted when trying to import from install disk sources.

I am using the Windows deployment server.

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 9:40 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Ira,

I'm afraid the wim file was corrupted and caused the failure when importing.

You could download a new one and try again.

Here is the link for Server Technical Preview 3:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-server-technical-preview

Best Regards,

Leo

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 9:19 AM
  • No this happens when I am trying any wim except for the one from server2k16 tp3\

I have been trying to use the ones from the win8 and win 10 install disks

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 3:10 PM
  • Hi Ira,

According to your description, my understanding is that you are running WDS on server 2016, and only the wim file of server 2016 could be imported.

If yes, I'm afraid I could not find any official document of the issue.

As Server 2016 TP3 is a preview version, some roles and features may not work properly.

We could wait for the official update and document.

Best Regards,

Leo

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 5, 2015 8:03 AM
  • Correct how do submit it as a Bug?
    Thursday, November 5, 2015 3:07 PM
  • Hi Ira,

Considering it is not a formal version, I'm afraid Microsoft is not accepting bugs of Server 2016 TP3.

Best Regards,

Leo

Friday, November 6, 2015 9:16 AM
  • You can use Connect, http://connect.microsoft.com/, to submit issues in Windows Server 2016.

Thank you,
    Jess Cunningham
    Windows Beta Team

• Marked as answer by Jessicu Thursday, November 12, 2015 2:23 PM
    Thursday, November 12, 2015 2:22 PM