none
Unable to search using outlook 2016

Question

• Hi

I Am having issues searching my inbox, just says no results when I Search for anything at all.

I Have tried to repair the pst file I have tried to rebuild the index however it just keeps saying indexing speed reduced due to user activity.

Please assist.

Thanks

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 7:36 AM

All replies

• HI Aslam,

What version of Outlook and build of Outlook/Office you are running? There were bugs in the preview versions.

Regards,

Thursday, March 16, 2017 7:01 AM
  • Hello,

What type of email account are you using? If you are using an Exchange account, do you have cached Exchange mode enabled?

How many folders are included to be indexed? Please try to limit the folders to be indexed and see the result.

Do you have the latest version of Windows Search installed?

In addition, please also try to open the Group Policy Editor, navigate to the following location, and check whether the "Disable indexer backoff" GP setting is set to enabled. If not, change it to Enabled and then see the result.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 16, 2017 8:32 AM
  • This was a bug introduced in an update earlier in the month of March 2017. As of March 27, the update to 1702-build 7870.2031 fixes it.

If you get Office update via Windows Update, go there and [check for updates]
    If you get Office updates thru click-to-run, in Outlook or other Office suite product, go to File->Account and hit [Office Updates] button.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 4:37 PM