Service Requests handled by different teams in different working hours RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I need to configure SCSM 2016 to use different Service Requests based on working hours. Certain service requests should have a support group assigned to with different urgency and priority. When out of business hours the service requests should be assigned to different teams with different urgency and priority.

How can I do this?

Joao Sanches

Wednesday, January 3, 2018 6:33 PM

Answers

• Hi

I am not sure of the exact requirements but I would look at creating different Service Request templates. The templates would have the different urgency\priority and support group. 

The templates could be applied by analysts if they are creating the service requests manually.

If you are raising the service requests from the portal, it then gets more difficult as only one template can be applied to a Request Offering. It would require two request offerings and users to choose the after hours one.

Depending on the requirements I would look at a third party Powershell Activity or a PowerShell based workflow. These could be configured to change the Urgency\Priority and Support group (from the original template values)  based on the time of day.

Regards

Glen

Web: www.xapity.com  |   Twitter: @xapityapps  |   Facebook: xapityapps

Thursday, January 4, 2018 4:12 AM