none
Cookies for two letter domain RRS feed

• Question

• I need to setup cookie authentication for two-letter domain, but IE is not accepting cookies for this domain. What is the procedure and how can I enable cookies for two-letter domain?
    Monday, April 4, 2016 12:57 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

you did not mention your windows and IE versions?

Settings for document cookies can be found on the Privacy tab of Internet Options, and depending on your windows and IE versions, these settings vary.

Also check that your browser settings for Tools>Tracking Protection are not blocking content.

first

Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab, check "Always record developer console messages". Save your changes...

Then when you open your web page, display the dev tool(f12)>Console tab, any blocked content from Tracking Protection will be listed in the Console and (a blue circle icon with a line through it appears in the Address bar (rhs)).

You  can also view request header contents from Networking tab of the dev tool.

I think there is still an outstanding issue with 2 letter domains eg. en.io . If possible please include links to any websites you are having problems with your questions.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 12:04 AM
  • Hi Rob,

thank you for detailed explanation. The problem occurs in IE11 on windows 7 and windows 8.1. 

The tracking protection is not blocking the cookie.

I have a problem only if i use 2 letter domain (ht.hr in this case, but the problem occurs for any 2 letter domain).

As soon i use three letter domain the cookie is accepted.

I think i have a problem described in: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/ieinternals/2009/08/20/internet-explorer-cookie-internals-faq/  question 6. Do you know if there is a solution to this problem?

Regards,

Slavko

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 7:13 AM
  • Hi slavko385,

I found an article may relate to it, please refer to the link:

Internet Explorer does not set a cookie for two-letter domains:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/310676

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 11:55 AM