I cannot install, open, use Java on Firefox Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot install, open, use Java on Firefox Windows 7.

I'm updated on everything; Windows, Firefox, hardware, all other programs.

I cannot install Java. I've downloaded it twice, downloaded another version, told it to install, watched it take forever to install, and I still get the message that it's not working/not installed/ not there.

This all started because I cannot copy and paste in Windows 7. They claim I need Java, and "just click on the java icon in control panel". I have no java icon in control panel.

I went to www.java to install, tried everything. Nothing works.

Friday, June 5, 2015 4:13 PM

Answers

• Is it enabled in the add-ons section? I know Firefox views Java as a vulnerability risk, so typically you have to activate it manually even if its installed. If it is activated I suggest you contact Firefox support.

If you don't see Java listed in addons, try installing it from the "Get Addons" section of Firefox
    Friday, June 5, 2015 4:57 PM
  • Hi parker121,

Did the issue occur with the Internet Explorer browser?

Considering this issue is related to the third party software, it is recommended to ask for help from the Firefox forum. They are more familiar with this product and they may have some good advices for you.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 8, 2015 6:43 AM

All replies

• Is it enabled in the add-ons section? I know Firefox views Java as a vulnerability risk, so typically you have to activate it manually even if its installed. If it is activated I suggest you contact Firefox support.

If you don't see Java listed in addons, try installing it from the "Get Addons" section of Firefox
    Friday, June 5, 2015 4:57 PM
  • Hi parker121,

Did the issue occur with the Internet Explorer browser?

Considering this issue is related to the third party software, it is recommended to ask for help from the Firefox forum. They are more familiar with this product and they may have some good advices for you.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 8, 2015 6:43 AM