How to control page id by myself RRS feed

• Question

•  

I want to control the page id of ProClarity report, because I will link these reports use BSM by page id. So I think if the page id can't change when open book use *.bbk file or other operation.

Thank you very much!

Monday, December 8, 2008 9:15 AM

Answers

• ProClarity uses a GUID for the Page IDs.  The assignment of the IDs is controlled within the publishing DLL.  The only way you could change the IDs would be to go into the SQL Server database for PAS and update the records in the tables.  However, this is not supported by Microsoft nor is there any documentation on how to do it.

Jason Picker
    BTG Services
    • Marked as answer by Ben.Scott Thursday, January 8, 2009 11:06 PM
    Thursday, December 11, 2008 10:29 PM

All replies

• ProClarity uses a GUID for the Page IDs.  The assignment of the IDs is controlled within the publishing DLL.  The only way you could change the IDs would be to go into the SQL Server database for PAS and update the records in the tables.  However, this is not supported by Microsoft nor is there any documentation on how to do it.

Jason Picker
    BTG Services
    • Marked as answer by Ben.Scott Thursday, January 8, 2009 11:06 PM
    Thursday, December 11, 2008 10:29 PM
  • Jason's right, this isn't something you'd probably want to get into changing.  However, I will mention that these page ids were used in reference for other ProClarity products such as the Dashboard, so they shouldn't change unless the page is actually being deleted and recreated.
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, January 8, 2009 11:05 PM