Browser Losing Focus to ? Only Other Window (<Alt-Tab>) Is Desktop RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Windows 7 Home Edition on an i7 machine.  I spend a good amount of time in the browser.  After a while, the browser icon turns clear and pushing keys has no observable effect until I click in the browser window.  I'll read some more other messages, but does anyone have some ideas about this problem?  Thanks.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 1:06 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, this issue may be caused by third party tools or programs. That may lead to conflict with Windows components.

I suggest to login with Clean Boot or Safe Mode with networking to see if the same issue occurs.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by sgrog Friday, February 11, 2011 12:44 PM
    Friday, February 11, 2011 8:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, this issue may be caused by third party tools or programs. That may lead to conflict with Windows components.

I suggest to login with Clean Boot or Safe Mode with networking to see if the same issue occurs.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by sgrog Friday, February 11, 2011 12:44 PM
    Friday, February 11, 2011 8:43 AM
  • Thanks very much for replying. Determining the culprit is slow because I don't know when I will lose focus. I am down to the last two startup programs and if I don't find it there I'll have to start over again. Steve
    Friday, February 11, 2011 12:43 PM