Windows key + left and right arrows not working with RemoteApp windows RRS feed

• Question

• My office is deploying RemoteApps to replace certain locally installed applications.  I, and many of my coworkers, have 2-3 monitors and the Windows + left and right "snap" function has been an extremely convenient way to juggle multiple windows across multiple monitors.  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work with RemoteApp windows.  Does anyone know a way to get this working?
    Friday, May 30, 2014 1:16 PM

Answers

• I'm not aware of way to resolve that specific issue, but certainly in Windows 8 (and in a Windows 7 VM), while Win + left/right doesn't work to snap the window to the left or right side of the current screen, using SHIFT + WIN + left/right does move the RemoteApp window between monitors, and Win + up does maximise the window on the current display (though Win + down doesn't seem to work).

• Marked as answer by Michael_LS Monday, June 9, 2014 1:59 AM
    Friday, May 30, 2014 1:35 PM
  • Hi,

Based on my test,  I agree with Keith Langmead, it seems Windows key + left or right key cannot work with remoteapp.

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 6:49 AM

All replies

• I'm not aware of way to resolve that specific issue, but certainly in Windows 8 (and in a Windows 7 VM), while Win + left/right doesn't work to snap the window to the left or right side of the current screen, using SHIFT + WIN + left/right does move the RemoteApp window between monitors, and Win + up does maximise the window on the current display (though Win + down doesn't seem to work).

Friday, May 30, 2014 1:35 PM
  • Hi,

Based on my test,  I agree with Keith Langmead, it seems Windows key + left or right key cannot work with remoteapp.

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 6:49 AM