Problem with RealTec Audio RRS feed

• Question

• I installed an SB Audigy Soundcard..which worked fine, I got a notification that there was an update available for my onboard sound the Azalia Realtek HD Audio...So i updated the driver. I then removed my SB Audigy card and enabled the Azalia codec in the BIOS ( I had to disable it to use the SB Audigy )..rebooted the PC, and now i dont have any sound.

All the Realtek stuff is there in my system tray...but it does not recognise my speakers (which worked fine when used with the onboard sound before) I reinstalled the SB Audigy and now the sound is fine ?.

How can i get my onboard sound to work with my speakers again, BTW: I only have two speakers  and in the Realtek audio manager i have it set to stereo.

thank you

Wednesday, October 8, 2008 3:08 AM

Answers

• Thank you for the reply...I have now got it working...the SB Audigy driver did not properly uninstall....managed to uninstall it and now my onboard sound works. Thank you for the help Smile

cheers

Thursday, October 9, 2008 11:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I suggest that you try to confirm if the speaker is properly selected.

1. Right-click on the volume control icon on Taskbar, choose Playback Devices.

2. Select the speaker that you would like to enable, enable it.

You may set the speaker as default playback device.

If the issue persists, the driver for the onboard device may be not installed properly. I suggest that you reinstall it.

1. Click Start, click Run, type in "devmgmt.msc" (without quotation marks) and press Enter.

2. In Device Manager, double click to expand the "Sound, video and Game controllers" branch.

3. Right click the M-Audio and click Uninstall to uninstall the driver.

4. Click Start, in the Start Search box type "appwiz.cpl" and press Enter.

5. Find and remove all the Realtek related entries.

6. Restart the computer.

7. Reinstall with the original driver CD.

If the issue persists, please try to download the latest driver from the computer manufacturer's website. If the computer is built by yourself, try to find the driver from the motherboard manufacturer's website.

Hope it helps.

Thursday, October 9, 2008 8:25 AM
  • Thank you for the reply...I have now got it working...the SB Audigy driver did not properly uninstall....managed to uninstall it and now my onboard sound works. Thank you for the help Smile

cheers

Thursday, October 9, 2008 11:45 PM
  • Hi,

I'm glad to hear that.

Regards

Friday, October 10, 2008 5:51 AM