How can this outlook add-in ( "report as phishing button") be deployed to an organization? Also, how can it be customized for all users? RRS feed

• Question

• I was not able to find any documented instructions on the Microsoft website.

Please see the link below.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

https://lansystems.com/computer-safety/add-a-button-to-report-phishing-emails-in-outlook/<o:p></o:p>

It looks as though this specific button  has a downloadable .msi file which then needs to be configured by the end user within the outlook client.<o:p></o:p>

Would it be possible for this add-in  to be customized another way for an organization?<o:p></o:p>

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 8:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Mlle Mixis,

Are you using Exchange Server or Exchange Online? According to my research, there are several methods to deploy your Office Add-in, such as Exchange Admin Center.

You can check this official article: Deploy and publish your Office Add-in

Regarding sharing a customized ribbon, we can export your ribbon or Quick Access Toolbar customizations into a file and then share the file with all the users.

The disadvantage is when you import a ribbon customization file, you lose all prior ribbon and Quick Access Toolbar customizations. Please check more details in this official article (Section Share a customized ribbon with another user or another computer)

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, April 15, 2019 5:10 AM
    Thursday, April 11, 2019 6:19 AM
  • We are using exchange online. The users losing all prior ribbon and Access toolbar customization is not an option.
    Thursday, April 11, 2019 9:45 PM
  • Hi Mlle Mixis,

Yes. I can understand this is not a perfect option. I searched lots of official articles and blogs. According to following blog, if we deploy the olkexplorer.officeUI file, users will also lose their own customization.

PowerShell: Deploying Outlook ribbon customisations

Currently, I haven't found other official tools or built-in options to deploy ribbon customizations without overwriting previous settings.

Considering your situation, I think we can draw up a detailed Instruction and share it with all users.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Friday, April 12, 2019 1:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mlle Mixis Monday, April 15, 2019 4:28 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Mlle Mixis Monday, April 15, 2019 4:28 PM
    Friday, April 12, 2019 1:22 AM
  • Hi Mlle Mixis,

I'm writing to see if the information above is useful to you.

If yes, it's recommended to mark it as answer. If you have further concern, you can feel free to tell us.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Perry

• Marked as answer by Mlle Mixis Monday, April 15, 2019 4:28 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Mlle Mixis Monday, April 15, 2019 4:29 PM
    Monday, April 15, 2019 5:11 AM
  • Thank you. When do you think that this is will be made available?
    Monday, April 15, 2019 4:29 PM
  • The documented instructions will be useful. When will this be made available if it is in fact possible. 
    Monday, April 15, 2019 4:30 PM
  • The documented instructions will be useful. When will this be made available if it is in fact possible. 

Hi Mlle Mixis,

Regarding the article to write a script to combine two ribbon files, the steps seems to be applied to old version of Outlook. I searched before and haven’t found useful information which applied to newer version.

I also confirmed this with engineers from Windows PowerShell. If you want to do this via PowerShell, it’s suggested to submit your request in Forum for Script requests.

Hope the information is helpful to you :)

Regards,

Perry

• Edited by Perry-Pan Tuesday, April 16, 2019 6:11 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, April 18, 2019 6:03 AM
    Tuesday, April 16, 2019 2:04 AM
  • Hi Mlle Mixis,

Just check if the information above is helpful to you.

If yes, it's recommended to mark it as answer. If you have further concern, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 7:56 AM
  • It is helpful, but does not solve our request. Thank you.
    Thursday, May 16, 2019 9:05 PM