Vista x64 SP1 Ultimate, 0x0000007E BSOD RRS feed

• Question

• I have read numerous articles involving this issue and any of the advice given does not seem to have an affect on this.

I am running

AMD x2 5000+ Brisbane
    Asus M2N-SLi
    BFG 8800GT 512MB OC
    8GB Ram, 4GB - Corsair / 4GB - G-Skill both PC2-6400
    Seagate 320GB HD

I have tried numerous ways of installing Vista x64.  Including, using 2 GB, installing particular drivers, and nothing seems to solve me problem.

I have tried the suggest Nvidia video card drivers (can not recall the version, remember that they were dated November of 2007)

and the latest NForce drivers for the 560 chipset.

I have tried installing Nforce drivers first, then installing video card drivers, and I end up with a BSOD.

This one happens after logging into windows.

I install the video drivers first, then install Nforce drivers, and end up with BSOD.

This one happens before logging into windows.

the only removable card I have is my video card, I haven't even attempted to install the sound drivers.  And Vista crawls if I dont install the Nforce drivers.  If anyone has any kind of suggestion, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 9:22 PM

Answers

• Hello,

According to your problem description, I know that you BSOD while logging the system. Since Windows system uses separated user mode and kernel mode memory space, stop errors are always caused by kernel portion components, such as a third-party device drivers, backup software or anti-virus services (buggy services). The system goes to a blue screen because there is some exceptions happened in the kernel (either the device driver errors or the service errors), and Windows implements this mechanism: When it detects some errors occur in the kernel, it will kill the box in case some more severe damage happens. Then we get a blue screen or the system reboots (it depends on what the system settings are).

To troubleshoot this kind of kernel crash issue, we need to debug the crashed system dump. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in the forum. A suggestion would be to contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request. Please be advised that contacting phone support will be a charged call.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

If you are outside the US please see http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

I hope the problem will be resolved soon. Thanks!

Monday, October 20, 2008 11:09 AM

All replies

• Hello,

According to your problem description, I know that you BSOD while logging the system. Since Windows system uses separated user mode and kernel mode memory space, stop errors are always caused by kernel portion components, such as a third-party device drivers, backup software or anti-virus services (buggy services). The system goes to a blue screen because there is some exceptions happened in the kernel (either the device driver errors or the service errors), and Windows implements this mechanism: When it detects some errors occur in the kernel, it will kill the box in case some more severe damage happens. Then we get a blue screen or the system reboots (it depends on what the system settings are).

To troubleshoot this kind of kernel crash issue, we need to debug the crashed system dump. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in the forum. A suggestion would be to contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request. Please be advised that contacting phone support will be a charged call.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

If you are outside the US please see http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

I hope the problem will be resolved soon. Thanks!

Monday, October 20, 2008 11:09 AM
  • Is there any advice to my issue that can possibly be offered up.  I realize that the issue is something to do with drivers, or perhaps the chipset.  Like I mentioned, just by searching stop error 0x0000007E, you find numerous threads closely related to my issue.  But I have yet to find a thread that talks about receiving this issue with a Vista Ultimate ISO x64 w/ SP1.

Thank you for the description on what a blue screen is or how it occurs.  I was already aware of that, but I was just more hoping for a hint as to what my issue would be, instead of the default, contact customer support and pay $$ an hour.

Any additional help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you Andy for your response, but that really doesn't make my situation any better.
    Monday, October 20, 2008 11:15 AM
  • If you have the strong tech skill yourself, you might try analyzing the dump file to verify which driver or software caused the BSOD. For more information, please refer to the following article.

http://www.shijaz.com/windows/Analyzing_BSOD.htm

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 6:24 AM