none
BHOLD: Activation of proposed role for an employee is always denied RRS feed

  • Question

  • I've spent this week playing with the BHOLD suite and trying to do various things. I really like the FIM integration but do have various problems that I don't seem to be able to sort out. I would like to address one of these here and hope that someone is able to help me out. That would really be appreciated.

    The main problem is that whenever an admin want to activate a proposed role for a user, the activation is denied with the following message:

    <RequestStatusDetail xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" DetailLevel="Information" EntryTime="2012-09-07T15:03:09.5412075Z">Forefront Identity Management Service is not able to serialize this XOML definition '&lt;ns0:SequentialWorkflow x:Name="SequentialWorkflow" ActorId="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000" WorkflowDefinitionId="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000" RequestId="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000" TargetId="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000" xmlns:ns0="clr-namespace:Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Workflow.Activities;Assembly=Microsoft.ResourceManagement, Version=4.0.3594.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml" xmlns:ns1="clr-namespace:BHOLD.Workflow.Activities;Assembly=BholdFimActivities, Version=5.0.1312.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/workflow" xmlns:ns2="clr-namespace:System.Workflow.Activities;Assembly=System.WorkflowServices, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"&gt;
      &lt;ns1:UpdateRequestTitleActivity x:Name="authenticationGateActivity2" /&gt;
    &lt;/ns0:SequentialWorkflow&gt;'.</RequestStatusDetail>

    I noticed that an old verison of Microsoft.ResourceManagement is referenced (4.0.3594.2) in the XOML for each BHOLD workflow and not the R2 version number (4.1.2273.0), so I changed the XOML for the involved workflow "BHOLD_ROLE Title Generator" (and the four other BHOLD workflows just in case). I also included the assembly redirection with the inclusion of the <runtime> section as described at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj150424(WS.10).aspx. But then i get this:

    "Unable to create new WorkflowInstance for WorkflowDefinition 'df197f6d-3ba7-40d7-8997-faf8c1174f5f'." where the reference is for the "BHOLD_ROLE Title Generator". I don't know what to try next.

    Our BHOLD installation has version 5.0.1312 and the FIM Installation is a clean R2.

    Thanks.

    Friday, September 7, 2012 3:40 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    I had the XOML issue too but it was fixed by making the changes to the service.exe file as described in the release note. I checked my XOML definitions on the BHOLD workflows and they all still point at the old version number.

    Here is the XOML for the BHOLD_ROLE Title Generator workflow (which seems to work fine now)

    <ns0:SequentialWorkflow x:Name="SequentialWorkflow" ActorId="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000" WorkflowDefinitionId="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000" RequestId="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000" TargetId="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000" xmlns:ns0="clr-namespace:Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Workflow.Activities;Assembly=Microsoft.ResourceManagement, Version=4.0.3594.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml" xmlns:ns1="clr-namespace:BHOLD.Workflow.Activities;Assembly=BholdFimActivities, Version=5.0.1312.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/workflow" xmlns:ns2="clr-namespace:System.Workflow.Activities;Assembly=System.WorkflowServices, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35">
      <ns1:UpdateRequestTitleActivity x:Name="authenticationGateActivity2" />
    </ns0:SequentialWorkflow>


    Dave Nesbitt | Architect | Oxford Computer Group

    Tuesday, September 11, 2012 2:34 PM
  • Hi Dave,

    Thanks for your reply. I fixed the problem by a complete reinstall of BHOLD Suite on the server followed by inclusion of the assembly redirects statements in the service.exe file. So I never found the cause for the described problem that could explain why the inclusion of the <runtime> section didn't work for the original installation. As a BHOLD rookie I suspect I might have made a mistake in the first installation or generated the requests wrongly.

    Thanks Again.

    ***

    BTW I'm really looking forward for your next post on your DIM blog in the "BHOLD and FIM MAs" serie. There isn't much information regarding this topic online so you posts are really helpful. I wanted to thank you for the latest entry using the message on the bottom of your blog posts, but it seems like it is broken.

    • Marked as answer by Søren Aamand Friday, September 14, 2012 6:40 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Søren Aamand Friday, September 14, 2012 7:17 AM
    • Edited by Søren Aamand Friday, September 14, 2012 11:56 AM added text
    Friday, September 14, 2012 6:37 AM