Problem click on Pop up window buttons RRS feed

• Question

• I seem to be having a recurring problem where by when I try and click on a button with the mouse on any pop up message - it does not click.  I can click and drag the message box etc but cannont click on a button. 

I upgraded from Windows XP professional to latest Beta2.  To use any button I have to tab to it and hit enter.  This is sporadic at the moment.  I've only been running beta for 3 days on the machine.

Has anyone else noticed this odd behaviour or is this a known bug.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 8:19 AM

All replies

• Actually, I had this issue on the Vista installation, but it hasn't happened since. I thought it peculiar that the cursor was normal everywhere but the window that I couldn't click. The cursor when over that window was an hourglass.

Maybe it's a modal issue that Microsoft messed up on somewhere that reverses the clickability from the dialog to the surroundings. On some error messages, you can't click anywhere but the dialog box in the given program, it's a common option on dialog boxes in Visual Basic.
    Friday, June 16, 2006 4:26 AM
  •  

Glad I see this post, I was searching the internet and couldn't find any reference to such a problem so far.

I'm experiencing the same on my new notebook which came with Vista Home Premium, but in my case sometimes even with the tab button it still doesn't work.

It seems to happen more when I start using my PC right from the moment it allows me to do so (while services and applications are still starting), as opposed to when I would startup the PC and leave it alone until it's completely ready. Does that make sense?

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 12:49 PM