Problem connecting to PEAP/MS-CHAP wifi connection with power user account RRS feed

• Question

• I have deployed my Peap/MS-Chap settings to my XP Pro SP3 clients with GPO.  I have also verified the certificate we use for authentication in installed on them.  Most users in our domain are power users and they are failing to connect to the wifi network.  However if I login to their machines with a domain account that had admin rights on the client systems and then reboot the users are then able to connect to wifi.

Any ideas why?

Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:35 PM

All replies

• Why is that since all the accounts we are using are domain accounts?  The only difference is that some have admin rights on their pc's while others do not.
    Friday, September 16, 2011 5:49 PM
  • We are using a Cisco ACS server with radius.  Our DC's are running Server 2008.  We use PEAP with MS-Chap.  We are using both machine and user authentication. 
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 2:46 PM
  • We are moving to Win7 but I still have to support these xp clients for at least another 6 months.  I have no control over the authentication method.  That is handled by a different group and this is what they decided on.  I just need to get it to work properly without giving everyone admin rights on their pc's.
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 6:40 PM