none
550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable RRS feed

• Question

• I get a bounce email error 550. Even though the e-mail address @u***in.com & @n***ra.com can receive e-mails from anywhere except our e-mail @tri***om.com (@n***ra.com @un**in.com using MX mail.protection. outlook.com). I have tried making an email with domain @outlook.co.id and trying to send an email with @tri***om.com, the result @outlook.co.id can receive the email without getting a 550 error message from our server side, not registered as spam, blacklist and have installed TLS. why can it happen like that? can it provide a solution?
    Tuesday, February 19, 2019 3:20 AM

All replies

• I get a bounce email error 550. Even though the e-mail address @u***in.com & @n***ra.com can receive e-mails from anywhere except our e-mail @tri***om.com (@n***ra.com @un**in.com using MX mail.protection. outlook.com). I have tried making an email with domain @outlook.co.id and trying to send an email with @tri***om.com, the result @outlook.co.id can receive the email without getting a 550 error message from our server side, not registered as spam, blacklist and have installed TLS. why can it happen like that? can it provide a solution?

Friday, February 15, 2019 3:11 AM
  • Hi itop365,

Thanks for visiting our forum. Then sorry that here we mainly focus on general issues about Outlook desktop client. From your description, the issue involving MX mail.protection. outlook.com is more related to Office 365, so I'll move your thread to the dedicated Exchange Online forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, February 18, 2019 2:45 AM
  • @u***in.com & @n***ra.com belong to two domains and are different from yours, am I right?

Based on what you provided currently, it should be a little difficult to troubleshoot the issue, we suggest you share the following information with us:

1. You environment: if it is a hybrid Exchange or pure O365 environment.

2. Configurations of your mailbox flow routing and MX record, including whether you enable the centralized mail transport. 

For reference: Transport routing in Exchange hybrid deployments

3. The entire bounce message (we call it NDR) from Outlook or OWA.

Let me know the result.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, February 18, 2019 10:14 AM
  • Please post the complete NDR.

Please tell us exactly and completely what you're trying to do and exactly and completely what you see.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 5:29 AM
  • I just merged the two threads into one. 

Please provide the information based on what Ed and I said.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Regards,

Manu Meng

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 3:12 AM
  • Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Thursday, February 21, 2019 9:55 AM