Windows 8 shows wrong warning message for low disk space RRS feed

• Question

• I face low disk space problem in windows 8, but it shows me wrong warning message,

"Low Disk space
    You are running very low on disk space on Windows 7(C:) ......"

But currently i am using windows 8 OS.

Monday, April 29, 2013 2:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Can you please check the Volume Name? I assume "Windows 7" is the volume name of C drive.

Juke Chou
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Wednesday, May 8, 2013 8:42 AM
    Tuesday, April 30, 2013 8:44 AM
  • Please provide a copy of your System Information file. Open System Information, select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. Please upload to your Sky Drive, share with everyone and post a link here. The request for a copy of this file is additional to answering the question about make and model.

Hope this helps, Gerry

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Wednesday, May 8, 2013 8:43 AM
    Monday, April 29, 2013 6:08 PM

All replies

• SK

Did you update from win 7?  I would be more concerned about the low disk space than the error message.

Wanikiya & Dyami -Team-ZigZag. www.ZigZag3143.com

Monday, April 29, 2013 5:39 PM
  • Please provide a copy of your System Information file. Open System Information, select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. Please upload to your Sky Drive, share with everyone and post a link here. The request for a copy of this file is additional to answering the question about make and model.

Hope this helps, Gerry

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Wednesday, May 8, 2013 8:43 AM
    Monday, April 29, 2013 6:08 PM
  • Hi,

Can you please check the Volume Name? I assume "Windows 7" is the volume name of C drive.

Juke Chou
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Wednesday, May 8, 2013 8:42 AM
    Tuesday, April 30, 2013 8:44 AM