none
How to add Creator Owner to Permissions Check list? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, guys.

I need to check for folder permissions in DCM, but if I want to make Exclusive check for c:\windows (e.g.) I need to add CREATOR OWNER. But DCM wants I write it in DOMAIN\USER format. However iacls shows that CREATOR OWNER doesn't have DOMAIN, it's only "\CREATOR OWNER". What can I do to check for CREATOR OWNER permissions in DCM?

I'm inspired! Are you? Где смекалка и сноровка, там и палка что винтовка.

Monday, October 15, 2012 11:16 AM

Answers

• Make sure you increase the version number of the CI when you edit it, so that when it is imported it will update the CI correctly.  That might help.

This posting is provided "AS IS", provides no warranties, and confers no rights. -- Kevin

Friday, January 25, 2013 12:17 AM

All replies

• Hi Nikita,

AFAIK the admin UI will not allow you to enter "\Creator Owner" as a user name but if you would like to verify the compliance state for the permissions of "\Creator Owner" user on specific folder in that case you have to create a CI with 'domain\user' permissions and then export CI and delete CI from the console, now from the exported cab file you have to modify the CI xml and replace 'domain\user' by "\Creator Name" and then create cab and import it. I believe this should work fine. Hope this helps you.

This posting is provided "AS IS", provides no warranties, and confers no rights. -Praveen S.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:41 AM
  • I tried this way, but got an error from SCCM when imported .cab with .xml

I'm inspired! Are you? Где смекалка и сноровка, там и палка что винтовка.

Friday, October 26, 2012 1:15 PM
  • I tried the same scenario and it is working. Can you please confirm that you have created the cab file correctly?

1) Cab file must have xml file (for CI) and resource file (.resx from the exported cab).

2) is your modfied xml valid?

Thanks

Praveen S.

This posting is provided "AS IS", provides no warranties, and confers no rights. -Praveen S.

• Proposed as answer by Yog Li Friday, November 9, 2012 6:28 AM
    Sunday, October 28, 2012 3:04 AM
  • Make sure you increase the version number of the CI when you edit it, so that when it is imported it will update the CI correctly.  That might help.

This posting is provided "AS IS", provides no warranties, and confers no rights. -- Kevin

Friday, January 25, 2013 12:17 AM