Canon Imagerunner Copier/scanner won't scan to Windows 10 computers RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Canon Imagerunner 4245 and I scan to my Windows 7 computer all the time. The scans go directly to a folder on my hard drive. I have a new Windows 10 computer and I have set it up the same way as my Windows 7 computer. I have given rights to the folder on my C drive so that the scanner can place the documents in the folder. Still I get an error 751 which has to do with SMB--this is not a problem on the Windows 7 computers.

I have turned on File and Print sharing, turned on Network Discovery, and checked the rights. Still--when I ask the printer to search for my computer--it can find the server, find my computer but after that--it says Server cannot be found. Check your settings.

Since this works on a Windows 7 computer--I feel it has to be something within Windows 10.

Please help. Thanks. Dianne Anderson

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 6:45 PM

All replies

• Hi Dianne Anderson,

Yes, SMBv1 is not installed by default in Windows 10 1709 and later versions, you need to turn it on via Windows Features.

After this, try again. Make sure your system is up to date and device drivers have been updated.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by EckiS Friday, October 26, 2018 2:55 AM
    Wednesday, October 24, 2018 1:38 AM
  • That worked!!! I had to restart but it worked!!! Thanks so much!!! Dianne
    Wednesday, October 24, 2018 2:11 PM
  • Glad to hear that my suggestion helps you fix issue, you are welcome.

Please mark the helpful reply as answer to close this case, this behavior can help other users find out useful information. Thanks for understanding and cooperating.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 26, 2018 1:04 AM
  • This did not work for me.  I had to replace my HDD and had win10 pro.  Installed new win10 pro.  Get error 751.
    Monday, January 7, 2019 11:16 PM