none
Import Customized image with ICD into MDT 2013 update 2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm using USMT to capture a provisioning package from reference PC, then importing this package into Windows ICD to customize my image. Now so far everything works fine if I create a bootable USB and I would image same PC with no issues.

I'm deploying Windows 10 Ent. I was able to import my custom image in MDT, create Lite Touch boot.wim and import it in WDS. PC will boot straight and before it finish the installation it fails in (Install Operating System) step.

In my custom wim i configured the disk also skipped the oobe, also in choosing Standard Client TS and disabled (New Computer) step as I already formatted the disk.

How should I configure my TS in this case?

Thanks in advance.

this is a Lab environment with Standalone WDS and DHCP setup. 

Thursday, November 17, 2016 6:58 AM

Answers

• Do not use ICD. ICD was never designed to work with MDT, and MDT was not designed to work with ICD. As such the Windows Product Group has realized their mistake and ICD will be removed from future versions of the ADK (since no one uses it).

There is not enough information here to help. No list of changes, no panther logs, no bdd.log file...

MDT *DOES* make several assumptions as to the state of the Operating System and how it was captured, if you mess with those assumptions, then you will break stuff. And we can't help if you don't post the details or do your due diligence.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Friday, December 2, 2016 8:12 PM

All replies

• Why not just restore the USMT capture into your MDT deployment?

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

Saturday, November 19, 2016 8:18 PM
  • the ppgk file contain all drivers, apps and settings from the reference image, I don't need to use TS to install drives and apps again in my deployment. not use how to use USMT or stateload to import in MDT. any directions with be appreciated.

Monday, November 21, 2016 2:52 AM
  • I haven't done what you are asking.  MDT doesn't have any specific support for ICD so I generally stick to what MDT does support.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

Monday, November 21, 2016 6:08 AM
  • he can save .ppkj packages of ICD in %OEM% 

MVP Jesús Octavio Rdz http://blogs.itpro.es/octaviordz

Thursday, December 1, 2016 8:55 PM
  • Do not use ICD. ICD was never designed to work with MDT, and MDT was not designed to work with ICD. As such the Windows Product Group has realized their mistake and ICD will be removed from future versions of the ADK (since no one uses it).

There is not enough information here to help. No list of changes, no panther logs, no bdd.log file...

MDT *DOES* make several assumptions as to the state of the Operating System and how it was captured, if you mess with those assumptions, then you will break stuff. And we can't help if you don't post the details or do your due diligence.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Friday, December 2, 2016 8:12 PM