SBC Skype for Business RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have been told that due to the degradation of SfB SBC, that Microsoft will, in the near future, not maintain the SBC path from On Prem SBC to Office 365. ---

I have Cisco CUCM 10.5 and AudioCodes VE SBC to SfB SBC, and if the above is the case what are the other options going to be?

Monday, October 10, 2016 6:31 PM

Answers

• I'm sorry to hear that.  I can say that not all PBX->SBC->Exchange Online solutions are unstable.  I have built several using AudioCodes that are rock solid.  In the meantime, don't worry about the solution disappearing.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 4:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Manteca,

Welcome to our forum.

Until now, there are no any official document indicate that Microsoft will not maintain the SBC path from On-Premise SBC to Office 365. However, we suggest you move all On-premise applications (for example: Exchange, Lync) to Office 365, it will be more convenient for your admin and high availability. Thanks for your understanding and support. 

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know and we will pleasure to help you. If the above suggestion are helpful to you, please mark it as answer so that someone who has similar issue could find this thread as soon as possible.

Best Regard,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 1:29 AM
  • When you say SfB SBC, do you mean session border controller?  What does SBC refer to?  

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 3:20 PM
  • Yes Session Border Controller -- we have our entire Exchange, Office 365 cloud based -- we use the SBC to communicate with the O365 from our Cisco On-Prem CUCM 10.5 via sip to the SBC then DNS to Skype for Business SBC for Voicemail and Auto Attendants.  So since the only other solution to an SBC path is to move our IP-PBX to the cloud, we are looking into other solutions.  We are spoiled by the O365 and all the  features that MS has, but we don't want to move the On Prem CUCM voice to the cloud.
    Tuesday, October 11, 2016 3:37 PM
  • I don't see it being depreciated any time soon nor has there been any official announcements around this.  While it's true that the new CloudPBX offering uses a different voicemail mechanism, there is no timeline to pull Unified Messaging out of Exchange Online.  No need to worry or move anything for now.

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Wednesday, October 12, 2016 12:18 PM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2016 3:44 PM
  • Thanks that's good to know -- but for us the SfB SBC path has been unstable and has been known to drop from a few seconds to hours at a time --- I have an on-going open ticket with MS SfB -- they have been working on solutions for quit a while -- I hope we can find a resolve on the path issue, and put it behind us -- thanks
    Tuesday, October 11, 2016 4:04 PM
  • I'm sorry to hear that.  I can say that not all PBX->SBC->Exchange Online solutions are unstable.  I have built several using AudioCodes that are rock solid.  In the meantime, don't worry about the solution disappearing.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 4:26 PM