Application works on Premium can I get it to work on Professional? RRS feed

• Question

• Upgraded my EEEPC from XP to Windows 7 Professional thinking that if I had trouble with an application I could perhaps revert to XP Mode. However when I did run into difficulties I discovered that my hardware won't support XP mode.

My friend tells me that the custom accounting software I want to run works on his PC which has Windows 7 Premium installed. Is it possible to downgrade from Professional to Premium without buying another licence? 

Sunday, February 9, 2014 10:51 AM

Answers

• If the accounting software runs on Windows 7 Home Premium it should run on Windows 7 Professional.  If it doesn't you need to contact the publisher of the software for a solution.

The is no way to "downgrade" your system.  You would have to do a clean install with a properly licensed edition of Windows 7 Home Premium.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Marked as answer by Uncle John 56 Monday, February 10, 2014 11:46 PM
    Sunday, February 9, 2014 12:01 PM