none
Can't save my Project anymore RRS feed

• Question

• I have 8 Project files that are combined as subprojects in one Project file. All are paired with one Resource file. So altogether 10 files. It worked for months just fine. We have it in Dropbox so multiple people can enter.

All other users can still enter, make changes and save. Only if I make a change and try to save it stops, quits and restarts Project without saving, over and over again.

Tried to contact through Microsofts number: 0800 0227 261 but after several minutes it will disconnect, so no help there.

Already deinstalled and installed Project again. Anyone that can help me with this problem?

Thursday, July 20, 2017 2:06 PM

Answers

• I would suggest to open and try to save the 8 files one by one. One might be corrupted. If it appears that 1 file is corrupted, once identified, you'll be able to repair it. That being said, quite odd that it works for your colleague. You could check if you all have the same version.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Thursday, July 20, 2017 2:18 PM

All replies

• I would suggest to open and try to save the 8 files one by one. One might be corrupted. If it appears that 1 file is corrupted, once identified, you'll be able to repair it. That being said, quite odd that it works for your colleague. You could check if you all have the same version.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Thursday, July 20, 2017 2:18 PM
  • Didn't know it could be that simple :O.

Saved them all separately. Now all of a sudden the "masterplanning" functions again.

Thanks!!!

Thursday, July 20, 2017 2:28 PM