Call recoding not recording the incomming video, only the out going which is useless.... RRS feed

• Question

• We just used Skype for business 2016 to conduct some interviews for employment at our institution.

Every video recorded only the out going video of ourselves which is useless and not the incoming video of the person we were interviewing. Yesterday when we recorded an interview it showed us the incoming video of the interviewee. Today with nothing changed on our end Skype only recorded our out going video and not the incoming video. We did get both audio streams out going and incoming, but the video was the opposite of what we needed. (The audio was very echoy in the recording, not in what we hear live, but that is another issue.)

I need to be able to 10000% guarantee that when I click start recording, no matter what, as long as I can see the incoming video, in other words the caller has shared their video, that is what will be recorded, it can record both streams if it wants, but IT MUST record the incoming stream or it must tell me as soon as I click "Start Recording" what stream it is recording and then let me pick what streams I want to record, no limits!

This must work consistently, no exceptions.

So far I have not found any place I can tell the system what streams to record nor can I find a place to do it on the fly during the call. That is NOT GOOD MICROSOFT, seems like a simple thing to do and just plain common sense to provide such an option, an easy to find ans access place to make sure what is being recorded and to tell it what to record.

How do I make sure what streams are being recorded while it is recording and or before it starts recording and, of course, make 1000% sure that it is recording or well record the incoming video stream?

Thanks for your help, I have two more interviews to do tomorrow and need this fixed before then please.

Thank you to anyone who can help me lock down Skype4B so that I can know with confidence that it will record the incoming video, period, no exceptions.

Ralph

Thursday, January 24, 2019 10:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Ralph,

I'm wondering if the recording issue happens to all the users in your company?

If it only occurs to specific user, I would recommend you to install the latest version of SFB client first.

Besides, as to the video streams that will be saved, please kindly take a look at the following snapshot. Actually it could be selected in the Options of the SFB Recording Manager when you plan to publish the video.

So if you want to save the participant incoming video, you will need to check and make sure you have selected participant video when you publishing it.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Calvin-Liu Monday, January 28, 2019 2:17 PM
    Friday, January 25, 2019 9:44 AM
  • Calvin,

Thank you for the reply.

The options you are showing are not available, at least not that I can see, until after the fact. IE you have something recorded. I need to find those options so that I can set them prior to ever clicking "record". Not having these settings available to set the default recording options the way you want to do a recording prior to ever starting a recording is EXTREMELY BAD ENGINEERING!

As for the "publish" option, not needed. The obvious way it should work is I tell it what to record how to record it then click record, when it is done I click browse to find video and move it where ever I want. Publish, to me would mean send it to the web somewhere which is the last thing in the world I want to do.

Anyway thanks for trying to help. Is there a way to access those record options prior to recording so as to be absolutely sure that it is recording what you need, not what it thinks you need?

It is foolish to waist a resource such as CPU power etc, trying to record something I don't need such as the out going video so it makes common sense that I should be able to tell it what and what not to do prior to clicking record.

Thanks again,

Ralph

Friday, January 25, 2019 3:05 PM
  • Hi,

Please kindly note that once you start recording the SFB meeting, you will capture all the meeting content including audio, video, instant messaging (IM), screen sharing, PowerPoint slides, whiteboard activity, and polling. And there is have no options let you select the incoming or outgoing video to capture before that which is by design.

Once finished, open Recording Manager, “Publish” button will let you rename the recording and save it to a different location. Also you will be able to click Options and select the type of the content you want to include in the recording, such as IM, or video as I mentioned in my previous reply. Please let me know if you need further help. :)

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Calvin-Liu Friday, February 1, 2019 8:53 AM
    Monday, January 28, 2019 2:16 PM