none
QOEMetrics Database - Logic for Setting CallerInside, CalleeInside Values RRS feed

• Question

• We are using the qoemetrics database to generate reports showing conferencing call quality.

We would like to be able to accurately distinquish between Internal and External calls within our environment.   

Could someone please explain what logic is being used to set the values of following Medialine table fields?

MediaLine.CallerInside

MediaLine.CalleeInside

I have looked at the schema description at   URL - docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lyncserver/lync-server-2013-medialine-table  and found following - 

CallerInside - 1 means caller is inside the enterprise network, 0 means the caller is outside the network.

Could some please tell me in detail what logic is used to set these values?    And does this logic depend on specific configuration tables being accurately filled?   I am trying to understand how and where these values are being set.

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 2:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Al Petrmichl,

In my understanding, if you want to view the internal calls, you can set CallerInside and CalleeInside both as 1. If you want to view external calls, you can set CallerInside and CalleeInside both as 0, or CallerInside as 1, CalleeInside as 0, or CallerInside as 0, CalleeInside as 1.

Moreover, if you want to query QOEMetrics Database, please refer to the sample QoE database queries:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/schema-reference/quality-of-experience-qoe-database-schema/sample-qoe-database-queries

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 6:32 AM
  • Hi Sharon,

Thank for for replying to my question.

I understand that the CallerInside and CalleeInside fields are bit values and that one can use them to filter for various combinations.

Currently some of the reports we generate (which show separate report pages for Internal and External calls) are being quesioned by management.  We want to validate the correctness of our Int / Ext breakouts.

-----------------------------

For this reason I would like to know the logic being used to fill these fields.     Something like -

If a caller connected to a conference via an external network then this would be classified as CallerInside = 0.   In detail, what are the conditions which turn CallerInside or CalleInside into a 1 or 0?   

I tried finding this logic by browsing all of the stored procedures in qoemetrics and I was able to find a binary data structure '@_PackedReportData' which contains tons of information about audiostream, medialine, session skype events.    I was not able to see how this data structure is filled with values.   Following sp lines of code show how the data is being read out of the data structure.

select @Size = cast(substring(@_PackedReportData, @Cursor, 2) as smallint); select @Cursor = @Cursor + 2; select @LAddrIPAddr = (case @Size when 0 then null else cast(substring(@_PackedReportData, @Cursor, @Size) as nvarchar(256)) end); select @Cursor = @Cursor + @Size    -   this is where @LAddrIPAddr is being read out of the binary structure.

CallerInside=isnull(@_LAddrInside, CallerInside)     - this is where LAddrInside is being used to set the CallerInsde value

>>> What was the logic used to fill the @_PackedReportData binary structure for this particular attribute?
    Wednesday, December 11, 2019 9:45 AM
  • Hi Al Petrmichl,

I know you want to figure out the internal logic.

However, your question seems related to the design and architecture of the product. I can’t find related official documents about this.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 16, 2019 6:45 AM
  • Hi Al Petrmichl,

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Thursday, December 19, 2019 4:48 AM