locked
Problem during SCCM database movement to new SQL server RRS feed

  • General discussion

  • Hi,

    I have tried move SCCM database from old SQL server to new one. When SQL server has been ready, I have started SCCM Configuration Manager Setup, and fill new SQL server name. Unfortunately process of re-configureing SCCM database has failed. in ConfigMgrSetup.log I have found this:

    *** Failed to connect to the SQL Server, connection type: SMS ACCESS.
    INFO: SQL Connection failed. Connection: SMS ACCESS, Type: Secure
    *** [08001][-2146893019][Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]SSL Provider: The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted.
    *** [08001][-2146893019][Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]Client unable to establish connection
    *** Failed to connect to the SQL Server, connection type: SMS ACCESS.
    INFO: SQL Connection failed. Connection: SMS ACCESS, Type: Secure
    ERROR: SQL Connection failed. Connection: SMS ACCESS, Type: Secure
    ERROR: Failed to get SQL Server connection.
    INFO: Stopping console applications that may interfere with uninstallation...
    INFO: Completed stopping console applications. Configuration Manager Setup
    INFO: SQL Server Native Client: SQLNCLI11 version:<11.0.2100.60>
    ERROR: Failed to find file: D:\Install\SCCM R2 install files\msxml6_x64.msi.

    It looks like there is some issues with certificate. I have compared certificates settings on SCCM Primary Site server, old SQL server and new one SQL server but... I'm "green" with certificates topics. Could I ask you what I should change in configuration to move SCCM database correctly?

    Thank you

    • Changed type Bartas1979 Friday, April 17, 2015 8:05 AM
    Friday, April 17, 2015 6:53 AM

All replies

  • Hi Bartas1979,

    I faced the same issue, and the Solution is in that last line of the part you copied from the Log:

    ERROR: Failed to find file: D:\Install\SCCM R2 install files\msxml6_x64.msi.

    What is this Path "D:\Install\SCCM R2 install files"?

    Actually it is the path that you specified -at some point of the history maybe you don't even remember - for the SCCM 2012 R2 prerequisites files, when you either installed SCCM 2012 R2 for the first time or when you upgraded from older version. But SCCM still remembers this path and it is using it now to get some needed files which needed in connecting to the newly moved Database on its new SQL server. The solution is to recreate the folder again with the same name and re-download the prerequisites for SCCM 2012 R2 again in the same folder, then restart the same wizard again.

    • Edited by Hussein M Tuesday, September 8, 2015 5:58 AM found solution
    Sunday, September 6, 2015 7:11 AM
  • Or you could go in registry and search for "D:\Install\SCCM R2 install files" and customized the path ;) Check the following registry key: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\SMS\Setup\PrerequisiteDir 
    • Edited by dekac99 Tuesday, October 6, 2015 9:16 AM
    Tuesday, October 6, 2015 9:15 AM