none
Importing a Verisign code signing certificate RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Verisign code signing certificate installed in the certificate library (certmgr) this is also confirmed via IE browser

I am trying to import the certificate so that it can be used in a setup.exe file but with Windows 7 the pvkimprt option does not work I have searched for a file called signtool.exe but it is not found on the system

Can anyone tell me how to access the code signing certificate so that I can point Installshield to the folder and incorporate the certificate into a setup.exe file

With pvkimprt it was simple to install the spc and vpk certifcates to a folder for easy identification

One other point is that the Verisign help site only shows the Vista method of applying a code signing certificate to a setup.exe file and this does not work with Windows 7

Any help would be very much appreciated

Many thanks

Iain

Saturday, January 15, 2011 8:55 AM

Answers

• Hi,

As this forum focuses on Windows SteadyState specific issuesyou should better ask Windows 7 forum  for further help:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/category/w7itpro

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, January 17, 2011 3:27 AM