none
Disable screen rotation

Question

• Hi ,

All the computers in the company are using Intel VGA and sometime some users call us because some one changed the screen rotation.

So, is there any way I can disable the screen rotation option for all the workstation, all the machines is joined to the domain.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 11:20 AM

Answers

All replies

• Using group policy you can achieve what you want.

Open up Group Policy Editor and navigate to User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Control Panel/Display, Disable the Display Control panel set it to Enabled.

Regards, Santosh

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here, are my own and posted AS IS.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 11:42 AM
  • That's not related to display control panel, but to the igfx tray application... Find the registry value in question (regshot will assist in doing so) and deply via Group Policy Preferences "Registry".

Martin

NO THEY ARE NOT EVIL, if you know what you are doing: Good or bad GPOs?
    And if IT bothers me - coke bottle design refreshment :))

Restore the forum design - my user defined Cascading Style Sheet!

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 1:06 PM
  • Thanks a lot Martin,

I will try to use this tool and update here.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 2:34 PM
  • Hi MichaelJo,

I have the same issue as you except I'm working at a school and the kids do it on accident.  I ran through Martin's regshot program and it showed me 103 registry changes that it made by flipping the screen.  I think I'm going to stick with my current method of telling the user to just hit ctrl+alt+up arrow key.  This is the keyboard shortcut to move it back to normal orientation.  If you need it flipped for some reason, like a ceiling mounted projector that can't flip the image for you, hit ctrl+alt+down arrow.  I hope that helps if you didn't find the regshot to be helpful.

-Mike

Tuesday, May 05, 2015 5:28 PM