How to add words to the spelling dictionary? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, Our team is fairly new to FAST ESP.  We would like to add some words such as company name to the dictionary.  Can you help with the proper steps? 

The next step is to have a process that all words from a field to this dictionary.  How can we accomplish this?

Thanks for help!

• Edited by ichu Friday, November 18, 2011 12:45 AM
    Friday, November 18, 2011 12:43 AM

All replies

• You need to create/update propernames. This is described in ESP Advanced Linguistics Guide on p.62 "Updating advanced spell checking dictionaries". The basic approach is:

1. Create a text file with propernames (company names etc.), one entry per line

2. Compile text file to .aut file, e.g.: mkaut myfile.txt myfile.aut

3. Update reference to .aut file in %FASTSEARCH%/etc/config_data/QRserver/webcluster/etc/qrserver/didyoumean/propername.xml

4. Restart qrservers

The best way to automate this depends on what your data looks like. If you have a list of company names in a database you can create a text file with these names. Alternatively you can create a document processor stage that dumps a field to a file or a database, and then on a regular basis you rebuild your company dictionary.

Dan Gøran Lunde
    Monday, November 21, 2011 12:33 PM
  • Hi,

To create a dictonary from a ESP field, use CreateSpellData. Check the parameters in "Advanced Linguistic Guide".

For example, if you want to create a dictionary for "companies" field, you can use: "createspelldata -l <language> -c <collectionname>  --phrase=sField:bsumcompanies:;"

If you want the complete name of the fields, you can use the command "getfixml -c <yourcollection> -i <InternalIdDocument>" ( you can obtain thethe internal Id document from the SFE, checkin "show all field options").

Hope this can help you.

-Félix

• Proposed as answer by Felix Cortés Tuesday, November 29, 2011 7:18 PM
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 12:09 AM
  • Please excuse the necroposting, but CreateSpellData does not work for me. It says:

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "src\python\FixmlTunerShelve.py", line 10, in ?
      File "C:\d\cruise\builds\active\install\python\lib\re.py", line 5, in ?
      File "C:\d\cruise\builds\active\install\python\lib\sre.py", line 97, in ?
      File "C:\d\cruise\builds\active\install\python\lib\sre_compile.py", line 13, i
    n ?
    ImportError: No module named _sre

Any ideas?

Monday, May 7, 2012 9:53 PM
  • I've managed to get CreateSpellData to work by running the %ESP%\bin\setupenv.cmd first :) 

Monday, May 7, 2012 10:03 PM