SCSM ReAssign Email Notification Subscription RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to create an email notification using subscriptions that will notify the affected user when the Assigned To user has been updated. I have looked into the Cireson Notify Analyst free app https://cireson.com/products/free-community-apps/notify-analyst-community-free/ but this only works for IR and SR. So my goal is to only use SCSM and create a Subscription manually that can do this. I have created one but the issue is when you first assign the ticket it sends out the original assign to email and the reassign email at the same time. Every analyst that gets assigned after that only the reassign email comes out. Please help if there is a solution.

Thank You,

Zach

Monday, September 23, 2019 10:40 PM

All replies

• Hi Zach,

I'm not sure this is possible. You can trigger a subscription of the creation or deletion of a relationship but in the case of a creation, the workflow engine will not differentiate between a 'new' relationship' (first assign) and a 'replacement' relationship (re-assign).

Also, the Cireson App is designed to notify the Assigned User (Analyst), not the Affected User.

I think you would need a custom workflow, that can check the history of the WorkItem or look for deleted relationships for that WorkItem to see if it is a first assignment or a reassignment.

Geoff

Monday, October 7, 2019 7:30 AM