system center app controll - access from internet, chrome and firefox not work but ie work RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.
    [S4MBE=sorry for my bad English]

I'm currently testing  SCVMM and app controller in a server (same server) . everything work fine. but when i try access app controller portal from a client (windows 7) over internet with firefox or google chrome browser,  i get a credential error. There is no problem with internet explorer 11.

To fix the error i export system center app controller self-signed certificate from trusted root certification authorities in server and import it in client trusted root.

so my question: is this way safe? is safe to publish my server app controller certificate on internet for download and install on client system? I 'm really inexperienced on the security and certificates.

• Moved by Andreas BaumgartenMVP Wednesday, July 8, 2015 8:21 PM Wrong forum (was posted in SCSM General)
    • Moved by BrianEhMVP Wednesday, July 8, 2015 8:30 PM
    • Edited by Parsicode Wednesday, July 8, 2015 9:42 PM
    Wednesday, July 8, 2015 7:39 PM

Answers

• Hi Parsicode,

If you use a self-signed certificate, the certificate must be added to the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store of all computers that will access the App Controller website. Some browsers will fail to login to App Controller if the certificate is not trusted.

It is recommended that you use a certificate from a trusted certification authority instead of using a self-signed certificate.

Copying the self-signed certificate to different clients is only really suitable for testing purposes

The other thing to know is that App Controller is not designed to be internet facing. When accessing App Controller from the internet you will not be able to connect to the console of virtual machines. If you need console access from the internet you can do one of the following:

* Use Windows Azure Pack

* Publish App Controller as a RemoteApp

* Publish the VMM Console as a RemoteApp

Regards

Richard

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Parsicode Friday, July 10, 2015 1:04 AM
    Thursday, July 9, 2015 3:27 PM