Slow Response From Mapped Network Drive RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I have 2 mapped network drives to my local server, they are letters H & K. H is in \\server\data\users\name and K is \\server\data. 

Here is where my issue is, the K drive is very slow and times out most of my programs when working in there, H is very fast almost instantaneous. I mapped a network drive L to \\server\data and it is also very fast. So they only thing I can think of is my computer doesn't like the drive K for some reason.

Do you have any ideas? Also, forgot to mention this is only happening for me, the other computers on the network all are working perfectly.

Thanks

Mike
    Friday, September 30, 2011 12:37 PM

All replies

• Are you just accessing data or are you using applications over the network?.
    The answers/solutions that I provide are from personal experience. They are as is and come with no warranty.
    Friday, September 30, 2011 3:02 PM
  • Hi,

As Ethan said, we should confirm what the difference is among your mapped drives.

Meanwhile, what is result when you disconnect and remap this drive?

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 6:27 AM