cumulative security update IE11 question RRS feed

• Question

• after pushing IE11 through WSUS in status report I see latest Cumulative KB is downloaded (so should be installed under next cycle). Just to be sure... I guess that all other Cumulative KB that approved for install will not be pushed to the machine.

Correct?

Also, probably all previous Cumulatives could be declined now (of course after insuring that IE11 is installed on all the machines).

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

• Edited by pob579 Monday, June 6, 2016 1:02 PM
    Monday, June 6, 2016 12:59 PM

Answers

• cumulative security updates to ie11 are also not working correctly.

I recommend basically approving and install all the cumulative security updates. Not just the latest one.

There is one ie11 update that fixes an enterprise mode problem, that if you only install the latest cumulative security, well that other update is not included and enterprise mode does not work. 

• Marked as answer by pob579 Wednesday, June 8, 2016 11:03 AM
    Tuesday, June 7, 2016 7:04 PM

All replies

• Hi pob579,

>guess that all other Cumulative KB that approved for install will not be pushed to the machine.

Just install the latest cumulative security update.

>probably all previous Cumulatives could be declined now

Yes. After declining, you may run server cleanup wizard.

(Besides, I remember you created another post that have issue upgrading IE9 to IE11 via WSUS, have you solved it now, welcome to feed back at that post.)

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 6:34 AM
  • cumulative security updates to ie11 are also not working correctly.

I recommend basically approving and install all the cumulative security updates. Not just the latest one.

There is one ie11 update that fixes an enterprise mode problem, that if you only install the latest cumulative security, well that other update is not included and enterprise mode does not work. 

• Marked as answer by pob579 Wednesday, June 8, 2016 11:03 AM
    Tuesday, June 7, 2016 7:04 PM
  • Thanks for sharing John.

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 11:03 AM