none
VM running in Hyper-V - Error occurred during storage enumeration

Question

• Hello,

I am trying to diagnose what's going on with a VM on my host.

It's got 80GB of disc available with room to spare, but the volume is not showing up in the Server Manager.

I get several error messages:

Error occurred during storage enumeration.    Error occurred during enumeration of virtual disk and physical disk associations:  The client cannot connect to the destination specified in the request. Verify that the service on the destination is running and is accepting requests. Consult the logs and documentation for the WS-Management service running on the destination, most commonly IIS or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM service, run the following command on the destination to analyze and configure the WinRM service: "winrm quickconfig".

Error occurred during storage enumeration.    Error occurred during enumeration of storage subsystem and pool associations: The client cannot connect to the destination specified in the request. Verify that the service on the destination is running and is accepting requests. Consult the logs and documentation for the WS-Management service running on the destination, most commonly IIS or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM service, run the following command on the destination to analyze and configure the WinRM service: "winrm quickconfig".

Error occurred during storage enumeration.    Error occurred during enumeration of storage pool capabilities: The client cannot connect to the destination specified in the request. Verify that the service on the destination is running and is accepting requests. Consult the logs and documentation for the WS-Management service running on the destination, most commonly IIS or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM service, run the following command on the destination to analyze and configure the WinRM service: "winrm quickconfig".

Error occurred during storage enumeration.    Error occurred during enumeration of storage subsystems: The client cannot connect to the destination specified in the request. Verify that the service on the destination is running and is accepting requests. Consult the logs and documentation for the WS-Management service running on the destination, most commonly IIS or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM service, run the following command on the destination to analyze and configure the WinRM service: "winrm quickconfig".

Error occurred during storage enumeration.    Error occurred during enumeration of physical disk and storage pool associations: The client cannot connect to the destination specified in the request. Verify that the service on the destination is running and is accepting requests. Consult the logs and documentation for the WS-Management service running on the destination, most commonly IIS or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM service, run the following command on the destination to analyze and configure the WinRM service: "winrm quickconfig".

Error occurred during storage enumeration.    Error occurred during enumeration of storage pool and virtual disk associations:  The client cannot connect to the destination specified in the request. Verify that the service on the destination is running and is accepting requests. Consult the logs and documentation for the WS-Management service running on the destination, most commonly IIS or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM service, run the following command on the destination to analyze and configure the WinRM service: "winrm quickconfig".

Error occurred during storage enumeration.    Error occurred during enumeration of partitions: The client cannot connect to the destination specified in the request. Verify that the service on the destination is running and is accepting requests. Consult the logs and documentation for the WS-Management service running on the destination, most commonly IIS or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM service, run the following command on the destination to analyze and configure the WinRM service: "winrm quickconfig".

Enumeration of SMB shares failed.    Error occurred during enumeration of SMB shares: The client cannot connect to the destination specified in the request. Verify that the service on the destination is running and is accepting requests. Consult the logs and documentation for the WS-Management service running on the destination, most commonly IIS or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM service, run the following command on the destination to analyze and configure the WinRM service: "winrm quickconfig".

The last time we attempted to add more disc, then expand the pool it wouldn't allow it.

I've tried to run the winrm qc commands, check if the service is running (it is) and several other things related to this error and I'm getting no where.

running this command, gets me this:

C:\Users\Administrator>winrm id
    WSManFault
        Message = The client cannot connect to the destination specified in the requ
    est. Verify that the service on the destination is running and is accepting requ
    ests. Consult the logs and documentation for the WS-Management service running o
    n the destination, most commonly IIS or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM s
    ervice, run the following command on the destination to analyze and configure th
    e WinRM service: "winrm quickconfig".

Error number:  -2144108526 0x80338012
    The client cannot connect to the destination specified in the request. Verify th
    at the service on the destination is running and is accepting requests. Consult
    the logs and documentation for the WS-Management service running on the destinat
    ion, most commonly IIS or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM service, run th
    e following command on the destination to analyze and configure the WinRM servic
    e: "winrm quickconfig".

And

C:\Users\Administrator>winrm quickconfig
    WinRM service is already running on this machine.
    WSManFault
        Message = The client cannot connect to the destination specified in the requ
    est. Verify that the service on the destination is running and is accepting requ
    ests. Consult the logs and documentation for the WS-Management service running o
    n the destination, most commonly IIS or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM s
    ervice, run the following command on the destination to analyze and configure th
    e WinRM service: "winrm quickconfig".

Error number:  -2144108526 0x80338012
    The client cannot connect to the destination specified in the request. Verify th
    at the service on the destination is running and is accepting requests. Consult
    the logs and documentation for the WS-Management service running on the destinat
    ion, most commonly IIS or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM service, run th
    e following command on the destination to analyze and configure the WinRM servic
    e: "winrm quickconfig".

Can anyone else provide some insight please?

Thanks kindly

• Edited by battleszeb Friday, February 10, 2017 6:39 PM
    Friday, February 10, 2017 3:35 PM

All replies

• Hi Battleszeb,

What operation are you performing?

>>It's got 80GB of disc available with room to spare, but the volume is not showing up in the Server Manager.

I'm afraid I'm not very clear about your description. The available disk space is on host or VM? What volume do you mean, have you checked disk manager?

Best Regards,

Leo

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 13, 2017 4:08 AM
  • Hi Leo,

Sorry. The VM currently has 80GB of disk space with about 10GB to spare. So there is disc space.

I am trying to figure out how to add or see the volume (of the VM - within the VM) it's not showing disc manager - in the VM itself. The errors above are from the VM.

Thanks,

Nate

Monday, February 13, 2017 3:19 PM
  • Hi Nate,

>>The VM currently has 80GB of disk space with about 10GB to spare.

Do you mean the VHD is 90GB and the volume is 80GB?

Is the volume showing in file explorer?

What is showing in disk manager? If possible, post the screenshot.

Best Regards,

Leo

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 6:33 AM
  • The volume shows in File explorer. Total disk is 80GB

See attached. I didnt set this VM up, so my confusion lies in why the volume doesnt show in Server Mgr

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 5:22 PM
  • Hi,

The refresh operation failed, click more details to check the reason.

Best Regards,

Leo 

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 6:12 AM
  • Yes Leo, please see all the error messages above. Those are what I get.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 3:46 PM
  • What harm would there be if I created a new Volume? That's where I am getting confused. The VM has a disk. but it's not showing up in the Server Manager.
    Wednesday, February 15, 2017 4:10 PM
  • Hi,

>>What harm would there be if I created a new Volume?

I suppose no harm.

If you attach another VHD to the VM, did you get the same result?

Best Regards,

Leo

Thursday, February 16, 2017 6:00 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any updates?

You could mark the reply as answer if it is helpful. 

Best Regards,

Leo

Thursday, March 09, 2017 12:32 PM