none
windows 7 slow applying group policy drive maps policy

Question

• Hi I am a new AD sys admin, and my boss has tasked me to try and track down an issue: when users login for the first time, the computer is very slow at the "applying group policy drive maps policy". I looked at our default domain policy, and at a couple other policies that get applied, but cannot find where the gpp user preferences / drive maps setting is applied. 

Can anyone help me out and point me in the right direction ? is there something else that could be causing the slow login?

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 9:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Try run RSOP from command  prompt to review the GPO's applied to the user

/\

Best Regards,

Jesper Vindum, Denmark

Systems Administrator

Help the forum: Monitor(alert) your threads and vote helpful replies or mark them as answer, if it helps solving your problem.

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 10:16 PM
  • You can use rsop.msc and gpresult to identify the GPOs/settings that are applied. For the slow logon, this article should help you when troubleshooting: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/grouppolicy/2013/05/23/group-policy-and-logon-impact/

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

• Proposed as answer by Todd Heron Thursday, January 26, 2017 2:06 AM
    Thursday, January 26, 2017 12:59 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 3:09 AM