none
Microsoft Word 2013 crashes on running a VBA code / plugin RRS feed

• Question

• Word 2013 crashes when running a VBA / macro on the documents that have comments section enabled. The functionality of the macro is to search for a character and replaces it with "" (blank) in the comments section and main document. This is done using Selection.Find.Execute Api.  When there is no comments section / if no mark up is selected, word doesn't crash even though we perform search and replace in the main text / document as well.

Word crashes @ Selection.Find.Execute Api. (OS : Win 10)

Installed latest updates of word 2013, but still crashes; Tried common solutions for the crash ((such as Disabling word Add-ins, Disable hardware acceleration) of MS Word crash problems, but they didn’t work

The same macro code works well in Word 2007 (OS : Win 7)

Let me know if you have any pointers on this issue.

Thursday, April 14, 2016 3:42 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Does this issue happen to all machines that with Word 2013 installed?

Is there any information logged in the Event Viewer when Word crashes?

As this issue doesn't happen when manually perform a search and replace, it's more likely that the issue is related to the VBA/macro. Since we are not the best resource for coding, I'd recommend you post a new question to the Outlook for Developers forum for further assistance. Please involve the VBA code in the new post.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=worddev

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Friday, April 15, 2016 7:30 AM
  • I have posted the question in the respective forum link with the sample VBA code. Let me wait for the reply.

To answer your question, 

Does this issue happen to all machines that with Word 2013 installed? 

<< Yes, the issue happens in Win 10 machines with word 2013 located in different locations.

Is there any information logged in the Event Viewer when Word crashes?

<< Currenntly i don't have. But the stack trace pointed out to wwlib.dll.  Is it possible to narrow down the information using this? It doesn't give me significant information to drill down. we reinstalled the office, but it doesn't work.

you could let me know if there are any environmental reasons that should be considered.

Saturday, April 16, 2016 4:38 AM