none
SCCM 2007 mixed mode and manage DMZ clients

General discussion

• I have a mixed mode SCCM 2007 Server installed in my internal(intranet) domain will all the roles installed in the same server and currently using this for updating Microsoft Security patch updates to the all the 2500 SCCM clients in the internal domain. I am trying to come up with a solution on how I can use the same SCCM server to update security patches and reporting in the 80 DMZ machines that is in the different domain and has firewall rules setup.

I did go through the entire posted forum but could not come up with the exact list of tasks that I need to do in order to archive this.

Here are my questions?

1.     With the SCCM intranet Server in the same mixed mode, can I extend and mange clients in the separate DMZ domain?

2.     What SCCM roles are required to install in the DMZ domain?

3.     What is the best way I can install SCCM client in the DMZ?

4.     What other configuration is required in the DMZ domain in order to communicate with the SCCM Server in the intranet?

5.     What configuration is required in the SCCM Server in the intranet domain?

6.     What ports needs to be open between the DMZ client and the SCCM Server in the intranet domain for Security updates and Central Site reporting?

Appreciate your answer. Thank You.

SujaMaskey
    • Edited by SujaMaskey Saturday, October 23, 2010 7:29 PM spelling correction
    Saturday, October 23, 2010 7:26 PM

All replies