replace client side code RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to replace the client side code for a C# asp.net webform with source code from an html file?
    • Moved by Aspen VJ Wednesday, April 13, 2011 6:20 AM (From:Visual C# General)
    Sunday, April 10, 2011 11:24 PM

Answers

• Hi N3wb13,

Based on your description, I think your issue is more related to ASP.Net. So I think it is better for you to post it in the ASP.Net Forum.

Here is the website: http://forums.asp.net/

Vin Jin [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by n3wb13 Wednesday, April 13, 2011 12:23 PM
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 6:19 AM

All replies

• For the exact question you asked, the answer is "no".  Perhaps if you described your requirement we might be able to suggest an approach.  Is your goal to update a client code from a remote site?

--
    Mike
    Monday, April 11, 2011 12:26 AM
  • I really hope you can help. I need to export it to word. I figured out how to export a webpage from an app to word. I'm having problems exporting an html file to word.

Monday, April 11, 2011 2:23 AM

• I do not know the specifics, but am fairly certain that MS Word (all versions) can read an html file.  You should be able to save the document text and open it with MS Word objects.  What code have you tried?  The formatting will never look like the web version, unless it is very simple html.

--
    Mike
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 12:58 AM
  • Hi N3wb13,

Based on your description, I think your issue is more related to ASP.Net. So I think it is better for you to post it in the ASP.Net Forum.

Here is the website: http://forums.asp.net/

Vin Jin [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by n3wb13 Wednesday, April 13, 2011 12:23 PM
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 6:19 AM